Specially formulated for wood casting art and for making wood river table tops. The cured top creates an impact resistant and tough film surface. Ideal for sanding down and polishing for a final crystal clear effect.
Used on its own, the surface may be wavy with the appearance of fish eye. For smaller projects that do not require sanding, use our higher grade Clear Epoxy Resin instead.
Stir Resin and Hardener well. Measure both parts (mix 3 parts resin to 1 part hardener) carefully in separate mixing containers. Combine both parts into a third container.
Stir gently and carefully to avoid bubbles or use a heat-gun to release bubbles after pouring. Pour and allow to set.
Use within 3 months after opening. Can be mixed in large batches.
- Appearance : Clear Liquid
- Viscosity (CPS) : 8,500 – 20,000
- Mixing Ratio (by weight) : 3-part resin by 1-part hardener
- Pot Life : 60 minutes
- Shelf Life : 6 months
- Cure Condition : 7 days (70 Celsius – 80 minutes)
- Shore hardness : D-84
- Tensile Strength : 6,900
- Good chemical and weather resistance
- Protect work area with a freezer paper, newspaper or wax paper.
- Before measuring, make sure the resin in the can is well stirred
- Mixing ratio for Wood Table River Epoxy Resin is 3:1
- Measuring can be done using measuring cups or electronic scale for better precision
- Measure both parts carefully and in separate mixing containers
- Mix both components into a third container and give a good stir approximately 1- 2 minutes
- Resin color pigment in liquid or powder form can be added into mixture (optional)
- You can also add in thermochromic pigment or glow in the dark powder for special effects. Thermochromic pigment changes color with heat.
- Slowly pour in the resin mixture into the cavity that you need to fill
- Bubbles can be dissolved by applying heat right after pouring and then spraying a layer of alcohol and/or dispersing the bubbles with a toothpick. The bubbles can also be dissolved with the use of a vacuum chamber.
- Curing time will be 7 days
It is always advisable to experiment and test before proceeding with the real project. Please take note that resin will turn yellow as time passes because it is not UV resistant. To avoid yellowing, tint epoxy with colours/pigments or use it against a colored background.
The Epoxy Resin cures to a Shore D84 hardness. This is subject to mixture precision and other variables.
Here’s some helpful videos:
How to create Wood River Table with Epoxy Resin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTu8WkBdKbA
For bulk orders, please send us an e-mail at [email protected] to check on the stock availability.
More craft materials available online and at our craft shop at Craftiviti Sdn. Bhd. (Petaling Jaya, Malaysia).