An infrared thermometer that can measure the temperature of surfaces without having to touch it. With a deviation of only 2% this thermometer is very accurate and very affordable. The thermometer has an adjustable’ emissivity’ which makes it possible to compensate for the material being measured.
The meter can measure temperatures from -32°C to 400°C and has a measuring point-size ratio of 10:1. This means that at a distance of 10 metres, the thermometer performs a measurement over a surface with a diameter of 1 metre.
The meter’s display is equipped with backlight, so you can also read off the screen in the dark. It is also possible to display and maintain Min and Max values during measurements. You can also switch between Celsius or Fahrenheit with just one touch of a button. The laser pointer can also be switched on or off if necessary.
How it works
- The infrared thermometer measures the surface temperature of an object. The unit’s optical temperature of an object.
- The unit’s optical system since the object’s emitted energy with different wavelengths.
- It is collected and focus onto a detector.
- The unit’s electronics system translated the information into a temperature reading which is displayed on the unit.
An infrared thermometer should be protected from the following:
- EMF (electromagnetic fields) from welders, induction heaters.
- Thermal shock (cause by large or abrupt ambient temperature changes allow 30 minutes for the unit to stabilize before use).
- Do not leave the unit on near objects of high temperature.
- Temperature range: -32°C ~ 380°C (-26°F ~ 716°F)
- Accuracy (In the condition if 23°C ± 3°C): -32°C (-26°F) to 0° (32°F) ± 3°C, 0°C (32°F) to 100°C (212°F) ± 2°C, 100°C hereinbefore ±2°C or ±2% whichever is greater.
- Repeatability: 1% of reading or 0.1°C
- Response time: 500 mSec, 95% response
- Spectral response: 8 – 14 um
- Emissivity: pre-set 0.95
- Ambient operating range: 0 to 40°C (32 to 104°F)
- Relative humidity: 10-95% RH noncondensing, @upto 30°C (86°C)
- Storage temperature: -20 to 60°C (-4 to 140°F) without battery
- Weight/Dimensions: 130g; 146*80*38mm
- Power: 2 x AAA battery
- Battery life (Alkaline): Laser Models: 12 hours
- Distance to Spot Sice: 12:1
More DIY personal care materials and therapeutic crafts available online and at our craft shop at Craftiviti Sdn. Bhd. (Petaling Jaya, Malaysia).