Craftiviti’s Candle Additive for Soy Wax Candle Making that is a useful addition to any soy wax candle maker.
If you have trouble working with soywax, this may help stabilise your formulation, reduce cost and increase scent throw.
Features of Candle Additive:
- Will add firmness to your soy candles
- Imparts a smoother pouring
- Helps in smoothing out the top of your candle, reducing your post-pour maintenance.
- Reduces overall cost of candle
- Provides candles with a longer burn time
- Stabilizes wax
- May improve scent throw and fragrance retention depending on the fragrances used
- Works well with our Natural Soy Wax.
Not suitable to be used by itself for making candle.
DERIVED FROM SOY WAX . ETHICALLY PRODUCED . SUSTAINABLE . RENEWABLE . NEVER TESTED ON ANIMALS
- Country of origin: USA
- Form: Flakes
- Melting point: 50 – 55 °C
- Flash point: >600C
- Usage level: Not more than 10%
- Pouring point: Pour before 42°C
- Cooling point: 40°C
- Specific gravity: ~0.9g/ml @ 20
- Solubility: Insoluble in water. Soluble in organic solvents when warmed
- Packing size: 500g & 25kg (For bulk orders, please email [email protected])
Add 10% to 12% maximum amount to weight of Natural Soy Wax. Adding above 10% may cause the wax to be unstable so prior testing needs to be done. It is recommended to do a small batch test before formulating larger batches.
Here we have 2 sample candles. One with soywax additive 10% on the left. One with 0% additive on the right with the paper.
As you can see, the one with additive has a smoother surface.
Both candles were lit at the same time. The candle with the additive has a smaller radius of melted wax. This shows it burns slower than the one without any soywax additive (paper)
Here’s another photo taken later. You will see the pool of wax is still smaller on the left candle. The soywax additive also creates a smoother flame.
This evidence shows that the Soywax Additive helps the candle burn longer (longer lasting) with a more controlled flame. The candle (paper) without any soywax additive burnt out faster than the candle with 10% additive.
|Saturation Ratio||98 : 2|
More DIY candle making materials and other craft materials available online and at our craft shop at Craftiviti Sdn. Bhd. (Petaling Jaya, Malaysia)