Introducing Craftiviti’s Candle Additive for Soy Wax Candle Making that is a useful addition to any soy wax candle maker.
Not suitable to be used by itself for making candle. Works well with our Natural Soy Wax.
*ETHICALLY PRODUCED . SUSTAINABLE . RENEWABLE . NEVER TESTED ON ANIMALS
FACTS ON OUR CANDLE ADDITIVE FOR SOY WAX CANDLE MAKING
- Country of origin: USA
- Form: Flakes
- Melting point: 50 – 55 °C
- Flash point: >600C
- Usage level: Not more than 10%
- Pouring point: Pour before 42°C, cooling point: 40°C, specific gravity: ~0.9g/ml @ 20
- Solubility: Insoluble in water. Soluble in organic solvents when warmed
- Packing size: 500g & 25kg (For bulk orders, please email [email protected])
Traditional Benefits of the candle additive for soy wax candle making
- Will add firmness to your candle
- Imparts a smoother pouring
- Helps in smoothing out the top of your candle, reducing your post-pour maintenance.
- Reduces overall cost of candle
- Provides candles with a longer burn time
- Stabilizes wax
- May improve scent throw and fragrance retention depending on the fragrances used
Add 10-12% max, if necessary. Adding above 10% may cause the wax to be unstable. It is recommended to do a small batch test before formulating larger batches.
|Saturation Ratio||98 : 2|
See the surface finishing difference. the one on the left has no soywax additive so the surface is not as smooth and needs a second pouring to top up. Here we used 10% additive for the candle on the right (without paper) and eco-10 wicks which are ideal wicks for soywax. Here’s a closer look. You will see the one with 0% additive (paper) has a rougher surface look. Both candles were lit at the same time. The candle with the additive has a smaller radius of melted wax. This shows it burns slower than the one without any soywax additive (paper). Here’s another photo taken later. You will see the pool of wax is still smaller on the left candle. This shows the Soywax Additive helps the candle burn longer (longer lasting) with a more controlled flame. The candle (paper) without any soywax additive burnt out faster than the candle with 10% additive. Also, because the candle without additive is 100% soywax, the price is also slightly more expensive than the candle with the soywax additive.
More DIY Soap making materials and other craft materials available online and at our craft shop at Craftiviti Sdn. Bhd. (Petaling Jaya, Malaysia)