DecoArt SoSoft Fabric Paint is the softest fabric acrylic paint on the market. It is permanent; requires no heat setting; and is extremely soft and flexible to the touch. It adheres to all textiles and will not crack, peel, or harden.
They are soft, like fabric dyes, but do not require the addition of a medium or heat setting. SoSoft Fabric Acrylic paints are permanent and can be brushed, stamped, sponged, or stenciled on.
- Bed linens
- Sneakers/canvas shoes
- Fabric purses and totes
Features and Advantages:
- Excellent coverage
- Need no heat setting or medium
- Need no special brushes
- Colors dry soft and permanent.
- Bond to most fabrics, even silks
- Can use for silk painting
- Soap and water clean-up
Additional Decorating Ideas/Applications:
- Thin SoSoft Fabric Acrylics with water or transparent medium for translucent paint.
- For silk painting: Wash and dry fabric. Lay a paper towel under the layer of silk to be painted. Apply SoSoft Fabric Acrylic as desired. Moisten the brush with water for detail and line work. No resist medium is necessary. Remove paper towel and allow 24 hours for paint to cure.
- For watercolor technique: Use a spritzer bottle filled with cool water to dampen an area slightly larger than your painting area. Apply SoSoft Fabric Acrylic using a soft bristle brush. Apply additional water at edge of color using the same brush, brushing across the fabric where the color meets the clear water area. Paint will continue to “bleed” until dry. Allow fabric to lie flat until dry. If you want the paint to stop bleeding earlier, use a hair dryer around the edges.
- Use with iron-on transfers and shaded iron-on transfers by adding DecoArt Transparent Medium to SoSoft Fabric Acrylics.
- Try base coating and shading areas with SoSoft Fabric Acrylic and then highlighting with Shimmering Pearls or SoSoft Glitters for a completely different look. Detailing must be done when paint is dry to the touch.
- Prewash and dry fabric without using softeners.
- Do not use bleach or detergent with special additives such as whitener or lemon scents.
- Use a wet-on-wet technique for best results.
- It is not necessary to scrub SoSoft Fabric Acrylics into fabric fibers.
- Paint lies on top of the fabric for a few minutes to allow adequate blending time.
- Lightly mist SoSoft Fabric Acrylic on the palette to keep it wet, using a spritzer bottle filled with cool water.
- Do not use SoSoft Fabric Acrylics with regular acrylic paint on fabric. Regular acrylics require fabric medium and heat setting.
- SoSoft Fabric Acrylic color names are interchangeable with the names of Americana Acrylic colors. If you are painting from a technique that calls for Americana colors, you can substitute the SoSoft Fabric Acrylic with the same name.
- Wrap cardboard with plastic, plastic wrap, freezer paper, or foil to prevent painted fabric from sticking to cardboard. Remove fabric before completely dry in order to avoid sticking to cardboard. Place paper shiney side up. Press fabric with an iron until freezer paper adheres. Once design is complete, simple peel off the paper.
- Do not dry clean.
More craft materials available online and at our craft shop at Craftiviti Sdn. Bhd. (Petaling Jaya, Malaysia).