Many crafters love to work with epoxy resins simply for its clear effect. Unlike polyester resin, epoxy resin is non-toxic, odourless and does not give off poisonous fumes. The cured soft clear epoxy resin is very clear, flexible, durable and safe to use.
Great for coating and laminating paper, stickers, phone case, thin wood, eva foam/craft foam, PVC and any surface that bends when flexed. Epoxy resin also needs a hardener or catalyst to cure. The ratio of resin to hardener depends on the product instructions.
Shelf life: 2 years
Mixing ratio for Craftiviti Soft Clear Epoxy Resin is 2 parts Soft Epoxy Resin : 1 part Hardener
- Low shrink during cure
- Excellent moisture resistance
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Good electrical properties
- Increased mechanical and fatigue strength
- Impact resistant
- No VOCs
- Long shelf life
- This is an AB resin / AB Epoxy Resin
- Contains 2-part resin and 1-part hardener
- Self levelling
- Cures crystal clear
- Protect work area with a freezer or wax paper.
- Before measuring, make sure the resin in the can is well stirred
- Mixing ratio for Craftiviti Soft Clear Epoxy Resin is 2:1
- Measuring can be done using measuring cups or electronic scale for better percision
- Measure both parts carefully and in separate mixing containers
- Mix both components into a third container and give a good stir approximately 1- 2 minutes
- Resin color pigment in liquid or powder form can be added into mixture (optional)
- Apply release agent on mold surface before pouring the resin mixture
- Slowly pour in the resin mixture into silicone or plastic base molds to prevent bubbles
- Bubbles can be dissolve by spraying a layer of alcohol or with the use of a vacuum
- Curing time will be 24 – 48 hours
It is always adviced to trial and error before proceeding with the real project. Please take note that resin will turn yellow through the years as it not UV resistant. To avoid yellowing, tint epoxy with colours.
More craft materials available online and at our craft shop at Craftiviti Sdn. Bhd. (Petaling Jaya, Malaysia).