As America’s first oven bake clay, Original Sculpey has been in the hands of kids, parents and teachers for generations. Original Sculpey is soft and pliable, and it works and feels like ceramic clay but will not dry out when exposed to air.
Stay soft until you bake it! Great for school and art projects.
After baking, it can be sanded, drilled, carved and painted with water-based acrylic paints or Sculpey Glaze. After coating with a few layers of the glaze*, you can use any paint you like to finish your piece.
There are endless possibilities when creating with Sculpey. In the classroom – Original Sculpey offers an inexpensive way to let children explore their creativity.
- Start with clean hands and work area.
- Knead clay until soft smooth.
- Shape clay into the desired design
- Pieces thicker than 1/2 in (12mm) may need ‘bulking out’ with crumpled aluminium foil or armature wire.
- Bake on oven-proof glass or metal surface at 275 °F (130 °C) for 15 minutes per 1/4 in (6 mm) thickness.
- DO NOT MICROWAVE. Baking should be completed by an adult. Wash hands after use.
- DO NOT EXCEED THE ABOVE TEMPERATURE OR RECOMMENDED BAKING TIME.
** All our clays are firm to the touch so when you purchase this product, it is recommended to purchase the Liquid Softener as well to help soften and recondition the clay. Harder polymer clays are still workable through kneading and slight heating. With the Liquid Softener, reconditioning any harder clays will be a lot easier. Polymer clays tend to harden over time but this does not mean the clay cannot be used. It just needs more work.
For more ideas on this clay you can visit: www.sculpey.com
More craft materials available online and at our craft shop at Craftiviti Sdn. Bhd. (Petaling Jaya, Malaysia)