Introducing Craftiviti’s Paraffin wax that is made from reliable resources. Derivable from petroleum that consists of a mixture of hydrocarbon molecules, this wax is ideal for making pillar candles, container candles, tealight candles, votive candles and more.
Melting Point: 58°C -65°C
INSTRUCTIONS FOR CANDLE MAKING:
Get your wicks and sustainer ready by gluing it to the bottom of the pillar candle mold or containers.
- Cut the wax block into smaller chunks.
- Clip the wick upright with a plastic clip at the top of the pillar mold or containers.
- Heat wax direct over a low fire or in a double boiler. Be careful not to overheat the wax. Stir occasionally (overheated wax will discolor and/or burn your wax).
- Remove wax from fire and allow the wax to cool down for 5 minutes.
- Add color & fragrance or essential oil. (Oils will evaporate if the wax is too hot)
- Stir and mix gently.
- Gently pour the wax into a pillar mold or containers.
- Allow the wax to sit at room temperature overnight.
To clean up your tools and pot, wipe them out with a paper towel and spray a small amount of rubbing alcohol while they are still warm.
We suggest experimenting with a small batch to get the right scent and look for your candle. Add variations by doing different colored layers or combining different waxes together.
More craft materials available online and at our craft shop at Craftiviti Sdn. Bhd. (Petaling Jaya, Malaysia).