Mont Marte Leafing Size is a non toxic, water based gilding adhesive. The adhesive stays open where extended tack time is required, it dries to a transulcent finish and cleans up in water.
It can be used straight from the bottle with no dilution on porous and non porous surfaces, including: wood, plaster, glass, metal, leather and canvas and even nails. Proper tack will develop in 25mins at normal humidity and it will stay open for 24hrs.
To apply size:
- Ensure the proposed to be leafed is free of oil and dust.
- Apply thin even layer of the size with a soft brush on to the area that is to be leafed.
- Wash the brush immediately with water
- Allor 25 minutes for the size to develop tack and apply leaf.
To apply leaf:
- Carefully hold the leaf sheet from the corners and lay it over to sized surface, use a soft brush to smooth out the leaf.
- Cotton gloves will aid in handling the leaf as well.
Gold Leaf is essentially gold that is hammered into thin sheets that become used for gilding material. Traditionally it is used in art on picture frames, decorative paintings and mixed media.
DIY Gold Leafing on Nail by Mont Marte blog
More craft materials available online and at our craft shop at Craftiviti Sdn. Bhd. (Petaling Jaya, Malaysia).