Mont Marte Air Hardening Modelling Clay is perfect choice for professional modellers, artists and students alike.
This heavy bodied clay is pliable after kneading and because it is slow drying you can take your time forming it into your desired design.
The clay is suited to free forming sculpting and can be sanded , drilled, painted or varnished once dry. Almost any decorative object can be created with imagination.
Dries in around 24 hrs to earthenware harness (depending on thickness).
Traditional pottery techniques can be used together with non traditional methods such as stamping or adding objects to your work.
Standard pottery tools can be used with Mont Marte Air Hardening Modelling Clay.
How to use
- Knead clay before use – well kneaded clay is soft and sticky.
- Make sure work surface is not porous. Plastic and metal are good.
- When joining larger portions of clay, score (slip) both surfaces and dampen with a little water then join.
- If clay begins to dry out, add a touch of water and seal in an airtight container for storage (refrigeration is sometimes handy). In between sessions cover your project with cling wrap and then a damp tea towel.
- When working with clay and it dries out too quickly (particular in humid conditions), keep you hand damp to help soften the clay.
- Wash tools immediately after use with water.
Mont Marte Air Hardening Modelling Clay is non toxic and conforms to EN71 Part 1,2,3,7.
Not suitable for children age 3 and below.
More DIY craft materials available online and at our craft shop at Craftiviti Sdn. Bhd. (Petaling Jaya, Malaysia).