Making your own flexible and sustainable molds is easier and faster than ever with Craftiviti’s Mold Maker RTV Silicone Rubber! RTV stands for Room Temperature Vulcanising which means the silicone will cure at room temperature so our Mold Maker RTV Silicone Rubber doesn’t require any additional heat to cure.
The silicone rubber will cure and become a strong and flexible rubber that is tear-resistant and good for multiple uses. Molds made with our Mold Maker RTV Silicone Rubber are suitable for casting using liquid plastic, epoxy resin, concrete, soaps, candles and others.
Each Mold Maker RTV Silicone Rubber comes with a 50ml Hardener (Catalyst)
Base Viscosity = 24000 cP
Density = 1.18 g/cc
Strength Resistance = 3/Nmm2
Hardness after 72h = 21± 2 shA
Tear Resistance = 17/Nmm
Elongation at break = 400%
Pot life = 20 minutes
Fully cure time = 12 hours
Cured mold color = White
Made in Italy
- Stir Mold Maker RTV Silicone Rubber. Pour desired amount into a mixing cup.
- Shake the Hardener bottle. Drip 3% of Hardener to the total weight of RTV Silicone. Stir mixture.
- Pour mixture slowly over master object to avoid bubbles.
- Depending on size, the silicone will set within 2 to 8 hours.
(Always spray master object with Silicone Mold Release agent)
*Please note that the stirring and measurements of this silicone rubber must be precise. Read product warranty below*
- 3% of hardener provides a more fluid mix with a longer work time.
- 4% hardens faster with a shorter work time.
- When using any clay or release agents, please ensure the items contain NO SULFUR as sulfur will inhibit the curing the silicone rubber.
For 2 part silicone-to-silicone molds, you will need to apply a generous layer of mold release agent, otherwise the mold will not separate.
Cured Silicone Rubber can withstand casting heat up to 100 °C.
There is no warranty for this product and it is up to the end user to determine the suitability and the end result. Please read the instructions above clearly before starting. When making a 2-part mold always use a generous amount of non-sulphur mold release agent as silicone will fuse to silicone. Always conduct a small scale test before attempting on a larger scale.
Want to see how this product looks like in real life? Visit us at our store at 10 Boulevard, Petaling Jaya!
For bulk orders, kindly email [email protected]