Introducing Craftiviti’s Guar Gum which are derived from cluster bean or Siam bean that act as thickener, emulsifier and stabilizer in cosmetic formulations. Some recipes use Guar gum and Xanthan gum together to increase viscosity of liquid soap base, lotions and creams.
FACTS ON OUR GUAR GUM
- Colour: Pale white
- Form: Powder
- Solubility: Soluble in water
- Usage: 0.5% to 1% by weight of liquid form (best to weigh out with a digital scale)
- Packing size: 100g (For bulk orders, please email [email protected])
- Cautions: Not for consumption. Do a patch test on your skin prior to use
- It can be added to cool, warm or hot water by slowly adding small amounts of guar gum to the water or glycerin. Adding guar gum too fast or in large amounts at one time will cause it to clump and unevenly gel.
- Guar gum is ideally used in products with a pH of 5 to 7, but it can handle higher and lower levels without degradation.
More craft and candle making materials available online and at our craft shop at Craftiviti Sdn. Bhd. (Petaling Jaya, Malaysia).