Introducing Craftiviti's Blue Poppy Seed that is rich in linoleic and oleic acids, both skin-nourishing fatty acids, but the real benefit of poppies in soap is simply that they make great natural exfoliants that soften your skin.
- Treatment of Eczema and Inflammation – homemade mask with lime juice, water, and ground poppy seeds
- Moisturizer – homemade mask with milk and honey and grounded poppy seeds
- Scrub for Softer Skin – Added in soap bases or as a homemade facial scrub
- Hair Benefits – dandruff, hair loss, thinning hair, split ends
How to make soap with Blue Poppy Seeds:
- Melt soap base in a double boiler or microwave over low heat to prevent overcooking
- Allow the melted base to cool for 5 minutes.
- When using essential oils/fragrance oils, add approximately 1 tsp to 450g of the base weight. The strength of the scent will differ oil to oil.
- Optional to add 1 tbsp of Shea or cocoa butter or any carrier oil to every 450g soap base
- Add 1 tablespoon of Blue Poppy Seeds into 200g – 300g of soap base
- You can also add in soap dyes or other additives such as lavender buds or rose petals and such
- Pour into mold or container and let sit for 2 to 3 hours
- Once the soap has hardened, pop it out and cling wrap the soap for keeping. Or you can even start cleansing with it right away.
More DIY crafts and craft materials available online and at our craft supply shop at Craftiviti Sdn. Bhd. (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia).