100% Pure Unadulterated Cosmetic Grade Carrier Oil
“For centuries, this versatile and gentle oil has been used in Japan as a key ingredient in personal care products to keep skin smooth and supple. ”
Craftiviti’s Rice Bran Oil is a light oil that’s easily absorbed by the skin. It’s rich in vitamins B and E, and is brilliant for it’s anti-aging and moisturizing abilities. Since it also contains squalene which naturally occurs in human sebum, Rice Bran Oil hydrates your skin without clogging your pores.
Facts on Craftiviti Rice Bran Oil
- INCI Name – Oryza Sativa Oil
- Color – Clear (depending on batch)
- Type – Liquid, Odorless, Unrefined
- Ingredient(s) – Rice Hulls/Husks
- Extraction Method – Cold Pressed
- Origin – Spain
- DO NOT CONSUME
Fatty Acid Composition
- Palmitic 7 – 12.0 – 25.0 %
- Stearic 0.5 – 4.0 %
- Oleic acid – 35.0 – 50.0 %
- Linoleic acid – 25.0 – 45.0 %
- Linolenic acid – Max 3.0 %
Benefits of Rice Bran Oil
- Vitamin B – soothes skin and alleviates rosacea, sunburn and eczema. Also, evens out hyperpigmentation, protects and strengthens skin’s barrier.
- Vitamin E – moisturizes, smooths, softens and keeps skin healthy, reducing signs of aging
- Gamma-oryzanol – promotes circulation which reduces puffiness, uneven skin tone, and dark under-eye circles
- Squalene – helps protect skin barrier and aid in cell regeneration for a fresh, radiant glow
- Fatty Acids – protects, nourishes and moisturizes skin; combats premature graying of hair
- Inositol – prevents dandruff, reduces split ends and improves hair health
How to Use
Essential Oil/Carrier Oil Blend – Dilute 1-2% of essential oil to 30ml carrier oil. Do a patch test on your skin prior to use.
Lip Balm – In a double boiler, melt 2ml of Shea Butter and 5ml of beeswax. Turn off heat and add in 5ml of Rice Bran Oil. Mix thoroughly before pouring into lip balm tubes. Set aside for at least 2 hours before using it.
What is a Carrier Oil?
Carrier oil is any oil used to dilute essential oil before being applied to the skin. It is a vegetable oil derived from the fatty portion of a plant, that is usually from the seeds, kernels or nuts.
More DIY personal care materials and therapeutic crafts are available online and at our store at Craftiviti Sdn. Bhd. (10 Boulevard, Petaling Jaya, Selangor)